A successful event, yesterday, despite:
- The total destruction of all our marquees
- The tree being denuded of all its decorations save a red bauble on one branch and a small fake robin, hanging upside down from another
- The cows escaping into the woods, and from there making their way onto the road
- At least three cars getting stuck in the mud and having to be towed out
- The constant rain
- The saddest man in the world on festive duties
So, that’s two down.
Only one more Christmas event to go.