Friday, November 10, 2006

Reasons to be Cheerful


  • The dog escaped again, but was picked up by the wardens and returned. I was oblivious to this, being stuck in a 6 hour meeting, and didn’t discover he’d been on an adventure until much later, when Young Warden informed me.

  • I seem to have unwittingly offended some of my volunteers by combining the annual end of season meeting with the annual Christmas Buffet Lunch. You wouldn’t think it would be possible to cause offence when there’s free food involved, but apparently it is. I am cheerful because if enough people take umbrage and decline the invitation I will be able to afford the upgraded buffet menu option. That means sausages on sticks AND Black Forest Gateaux.

  • It is closed season, so I have the weekend off.

  • The alarms engineers have finally finished!

  • The 6 hour meeting I sat through today is finally finished!

  • My bottle of wine is not yet finished.

No comments: